It was a long drive, but we are finally home! We left Grandma Lou and Grandpa Jere's house last night around six. Mommy and Daddy planned to drive all night. However, they got very tired. We stopped at a hotel in Wichita, Kansas.My first time ever in a hotel was quite fun. We had to sneak Norah into our room even though the sign said "no pets". Yep, we were rule-breakers! Mommy says it's not good to break the rules, but at the same time it's not good to let Norah freeze. I'm glad Daddy picked keeping Norah warm. Daddy stuffed Norah into Mommy's bag and then put a blanket on top of her; Norah kept trying to stick her head out of the bag. Mommy got worried that maybe there were cameras in the halls of the hotel. It was all rather exciting! Norah was pretty good--she only barked once, and she was in big trouble for that one little bark.
Once home, me and Mommy unpacked and got all of our laundry done. The clean clothes aren't put away yet; we'll do that tomorrow. After my fun week with the grandparents, I'm ready to have some Mommy-and-me-time. I'm a little bit clingy and super tired. But that's okay! I don't get to see grandma, grandpa, and the aunties very often. Mommy says it's a special treat to see them and not nap as often. We can always catch up when we get home. So that's what we'll do...catch up these next few days. Good thing I got some new books for Christmas; Mommy can read them to me while we're settling in after our fun trip.
Off to bed for me... I miss you Grandma Lou and Grandpa Jere. Thanks for a fun time! Come and see me soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment