Thursday, December 01, 2005

My first trip to the mall

This is a picture of me and Great-Mom-mom at the mall. Today Mommy, Great-Mom-mom, and I went to see Christmas decorations and have my pictures taken with Santa.

I was so brave when I sat on Santa's lap. I didn't really smile, cause the helper lady helping shook a noisy thing in my face. Why do people think babies like noise? Great-Mom-mom says I respond best to quiet noises. Anyway, after I had my picture taken, Santa gave me a candy cane and a coloring book. It was such fun.

Then it was time to shop! I was so good! Great-Mom-mom pushed my stroller and talked with me. I napped while I was riding. The store ladies couldn't get enough of me. It was a great time.

It was nice for Mommy to have Great-Mom-mom along for our first big shopping trip. She helped us figure out how to feed me and change me while away from home. We found good spots for eating and changing, so Mommy would know how to shop when we're by ourselves.

Mommy got a lot of her Christmas shopping done today. We also got a present for my friend Jonathan. Mommy says the present is a secret, so I can't really talk about it. Next weekend I get to go to his birthday party; he is one-year-old now. I'm very excited. Oh--and Mommy says I'm not allowed to talk about the Christmas presents either. It's hard for me to remember to keep secrets.

I'm VERY tired after my trip, and so is Mommy. We're going to sleep really good tonight, and we're going to have a stay-at-home day tomorrow. Well...we'll stay at home until the evening and then we are going on the Christmas Home Tour. I'd better get to sleep!!! These two women are wearing me out!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Dear Jamey,
What did you get me?
Love,
Jonathan
PS-Don't tell my mom I asked you, OK?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamey! Your Great-Aunt Priscilla (your daddy's aunt) told me where to find your blog and I love it!! I think you are a very cute boy. I'm not allowed to say that you're the cutest boy though because my nephew Jonas might get jealous! He's almost 1 year old now!

Please tell your mommy that when I was a nanny last year and was taking care of an infant, I discovered that Nordstrom has the best places in the mall for feeding and taking care of babies. They have great mothers' lounges!! And, you don't even have to buy anything there to use them! Just a little hint. (Do you have Nordstrom in Arkansas?)

Merry Christmas!

Love,
your cousin (or second cousin or first cousin-once-removed - however that works)
Laura