Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Today

Today we are focusing on finding our "normal" Colorado routine. Dad is on a trip, Grandma Lou and Grandpa Jere are back at work, Auntie Julia has a hair appointment, so it's just Mom, me, and Jack at home.
First up, we printed up a new responsibility chart. Eager to get stickers, I helped Mom make my bed. Jack was a little bit upset that he wasn't "allowed" to help, and so he spit some water on the end of my bed. Brothers!

Did you happen to notice the picture above my bed? I found it the other day, and Grandma Lou said I could take it downstairs to use as a decoration for my room. It's a picture of my Dad playing baseball in high school.

Not to be outdone, Jack needed a picture of him standing next to his bed. Jack calls this spot "cozy" and smiles whenever he gets put to bed.

After doing our responsibilities we headed outside for fun. Here we are pretending to be giraffes as Mom feeds us crackers.

In this picture we're making a sand cake for cousin Noah. We were busy traveling and saying good-bye to Grandma Carolyn and forgot to wish him a Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday to cousin Noah!
(PS: thanks for our shirts!)

It was warm this morning (warm by Colorado standards, that is), so we decided to swim. Of course, we pretended we were Scooter and Duncan from the zoo!

Now we're waiting for Auntie Julia to get home. She's going to help us figure out how to get to a few places around here.
So far Colorado sure has been lots of fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember those days when your dad played baseball....seems like a long time ago. I got a good laugh about the part when Jack spit on the bed...too funny!