As you know I keep this blog up for my grandmas and aunties. Sure a few uncles and grandpas read, but mostly it's so my grandmas and aunties can see far away Jack and far away me (almost) every day.
Well, that's about to end.
Just for a week.
Never fear, I'll be back!
In the meantime, Mom and Dad are taking a trip--just the two of them! My Dad travels for work; he takes a trip almost every other week. Mom always stays home with us. But tomorrow Mom is going on Dad's work trip with him! Grandma Lou has graciously offered to take some time off work to take care of Jack and me.
Mom is quite excited! The longest she has ever been alone with Dad since I've been born is 17 hours. That only happened once. Then there was one other time they were at a conference for 14 hours. They're good about going on dates, but that's just for a couple of hours here and there. Other than those few times, they're with their boys! Mom says this trip will be wonderful. Dad will have to work most of the trip, but Mom said she won't have any trouble filling her "alone" time. I hope she's not bored!
Anyway, Jack and I will be missing from the blog for a few days. Mom says she might post pictures about the fun she and Dad are having. That way Jackie and I can keep up with their adventures from Grandma Lou and Grandpa Jere's house.
So...if you're a grandma or an auntie who is in desperate need of a break. Take one! Come back on Sunday, August 2nd. Jack and I will be back then! Until then, if you want, enjoy Mom's posts from the Oregon Coast.
Well, that's about to end.
Just for a week.
Never fear, I'll be back!
In the meantime, Mom and Dad are taking a trip--just the two of them! My Dad travels for work; he takes a trip almost every other week. Mom always stays home with us. But tomorrow Mom is going on Dad's work trip with him! Grandma Lou has graciously offered to take some time off work to take care of Jack and me.
Mom is quite excited! The longest she has ever been alone with Dad since I've been born is 17 hours. That only happened once. Then there was one other time they were at a conference for 14 hours. They're good about going on dates, but that's just for a couple of hours here and there. Other than those few times, they're with their boys! Mom says this trip will be wonderful. Dad will have to work most of the trip, but Mom said she won't have any trouble filling her "alone" time. I hope she's not bored!
Anyway, Jack and I will be missing from the blog for a few days. Mom says she might post pictures about the fun she and Dad are having. That way Jackie and I can keep up with their adventures from Grandma Lou and Grandpa Jere's house.
So...if you're a grandma or an auntie who is in desperate need of a break. Take one! Come back on Sunday, August 2nd. Jack and I will be back then! Until then, if you want, enjoy Mom's posts from the Oregon Coast.
4 comments:
Yippee for you, Karyn! Enjoy every moment! I know you love being with your boys, too, but enjoy and soak in all this grownup time!
Love,
Amy
I guess this can be considered a ninth anniversary trip. Have fun!
Love,
Elizabeth
What fun, Karyn! I am so thrilled for you! You guys will have a wonderful time, I'm sure.
love,
Heidi
i'm jealous. we've yet to have that no kids alone time except for the overnight when Papa Stump died. And that wasn't exactly relaxing. In 9 years of parenting. I think we're due soon.
Post a Comment