Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 4

Dear Jamey and Jack,

Today was a day off for Dad. He planned his trip so we would have a day-and-a-half for anniversary fun! I got to pick what we were doing this morning, and I picked a tour through the Tillamook Cheese Factory! It was great!
Here's the room where they slice and package the perfectly aged cheese. It looked like they were wrapping both yellow and white cheddar this morning.
This year is Tillamook's 100th birthday, so they had lots of special signs up around the factory.
At the end of the tour we went through the cheese tasting line. Dad liked the cheese curds best, and I liked the vintage white cheddar.
After the tasting we were hungry for more cheese! Lucky for us there was a cafe serving grilled cheese sandwiches. We headed there. Then...it was time for ice cream! Dad had a scoop of Tillamook Chocolate Mudslide, and I had Blueberry Lemon Pie. So good! We were a bit dairy-ed out, so we skipped the fudge. I guess we'll have to go back someday, because it sure looked good!

Tummies full, we headed to the car and drove to Portland. We're currently relaxing in our hotel waiting for some of Dad's cousins to come. We're going to have dinner with them. Tomorrow it's back to work for Dad. I think I'll explore downtown Portland.

How was your day? Did you have fun at the aquarium with Grandma Lou and Grandpa Jere? I can't wait to hear about all your day.

I love you!

Love, Mama

PS: Happy Birthday to Mom-mom!!! I can't believe you're 29...again...

3 comments:

Ava said...

Looks like a great time! What fun ice cream flavors! yum!

Zona Wilson said...

Karyn, I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip to the coast! What did you have to eat at Tidal Raves? Were you there for the sunset? And was your hotel within walking distance? It looks like the Tillamook tour was fun. Which cheese sandwich did you choose? Can you tell I like to ask questions? :-D Have a great remainder of your trip!

Anonymous said...

the cheese curds were my favorite too! which town on the coast did you stay in? so lovely!

julia