Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Very, Very Hot Day

We had a pretty good day today, but we forgot to take more than one picture. Oh well... Here I am coloring with Grandma Carolyn. So many people have remembered me with special big-brother gifts. Mommy is trying to teach me how to be polite and write thank you notes. I'm doing my best; however, I might need Mommy to help with some of the writing.

This morning and this evening, we played in more water. I got super filthy and muddy and wet! It was lots of fun. Grandma Carolyn had to hose me off before Mommy would let me back inside the house. I tried to explain to Mommy that boys like to get dirty. Mommy said that was just fine, and I could be as dirty as I wanted as long as I was outside. Then Mommy said that just as much as boys like to be dirty, mommies like to have their houses clean. So Mommy and I compromised--I was dirty outside, and I was hosed off before I came inside. Works for me!

Like we said earlier today, Jack had a good night last night. He is also getting better at drinking milk. We've had a bit of trouble in that department, but it seems Jack is getting the hang of things now. Mommy is pretty happy about that. Jack did a pretty good job of staying awake today; here's to hoping for another good night!

Tomorrow we're going to attempt an outing. We're going to play at Emma Claire's house. The plan is for Grandma Carolyn to drive us there as Mommy still can't drive for a while. Then Mommy and Jack are going to sit on Emma Claire's sofa while Grandma Carolyn helps me remember to "share with Claire" and any other kids who might be there. We're just going to stay for a little bit so Mommy doesn't get too worn out. I'm pretty excited cause it's the first time I've gotten to play with friends since Jack came home! I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: