Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Doctors and Soccer Balls

Here's what happened today!

Jack had to visit the doctor this afternoon to make sure he is getting enough milk. Sure enough, he is! The milk is helping Jack to grow. When he was born, Jack weighed 7lbs, 6oz; when he came home from the hospital, Jack weighed 6lbs, 12oz; and today, Jack weighs 6lbs, 15oz. "Perfect," said the doctor. And then the doctor told Mommy that she didn't have to wake Jack up anymore to feed him during the night. The doctor says now that Jack is a little bit bigger, he will just tell Mommy when he's hungry. This makes Mommy very happy cause Jack DID NOT like being forced to wake up multiple times in the middle of the night. And when Jack's not happy, he doesn't like to have milk which was the whole point of waking Jack up in the first place. What a disaster it's been for both Mommy and Jack! I'll tell you--there were tears and tears about this nightly disaster and they weren't the happy kind! Good thing Jack is big and now knows how to tell Mommy when he's hungry. We're all planning on having a good night's sleep tonight.

After Jack visited his doctor, Mommy visited her doctor and his nurse took Mommy's staples out. Now why Mommy is paying a doctor lots of money to staple her tummy shut is beyond me. I'm thinking Dad and I could have done a nice job at home for a bit less. After all, we do own a stapler...
By the time Jack got home, I was up from my rest and playing ball with Grandma Carolyn. Dad joined in the game while Mommy and Jack watched me kick the soccer ball.
With Jack being so cute and all, I just couldn't resist stealing one little kiss from him. What a sweet baby my Jack is...

No comments: