Things are falling into place. Today Mommy had her pre-op stuff at the hospital's ER. It was supposed to only take an hour, but the man who delivers soda to the hospital vending machines had a heart attack. Needless to say, since Mommy's hospital is a women's hospital, it was a bit chaotic as the dealt with not only a man, but a man who had a heart attack! The OB/GYNs had to change gears a bit. After two-and-a-half hours, Mommy was finally finished and had a wrist band and cotton ball to prove it! And we think the man is okay--at least we didn't hear otherwise.
So I don't have to get up tomorrow at 5am with everyone else, I'm spending the night at Emma Claire's tonight. I'm pretty excited about my first sleepover at a friend's house. Emma Claire's mommy is going to take me to meet Jack tomorrow afternoon, and then Grandma Carolyn assumes full responsibility of me. Fine by me! I'm all about hanging with grandparents!
Here's what Mommy's day looks like tomorrow... She is to arrive at the hospital at 6am, she gets wheeled to the OR at about 7:30am, and Jack will arrive 20ish minutes later! Then Mommy will be in the recovery room for about an hour. The lactation nurses have promised to get Jack to Mommy as soon as possible even though Mommy will have to stay lying down for about five hours. And then, after Mommy can sit up, I'll show up around 3:30-4:00ish to meet Jack.
That's about it! We'll blog again as soon as we're able to do so. And I'll be a big brother!!!
1 comment:
jack will be here when i wake up in the morning [it will be two am here when you go to the hospital!]
we will be praying for you!
meggan
Post a Comment