Thursday, August 09, 2007

Jack's Arrival--Part 4

Hospital Visits

Once Jack was here, Grandma Carolyn and I got back to our routine. We got up and ate some breakfast, then we would head to the hospital to spend the morning with Mommy, Daddy, and Jack. Back home, we would go each afternoon so we could play, play, play.

On Saturday morning, I spent some time holding Jack. Mommy and Grandma Carolyn made me keep his little hat on his head. Not my favorite thing, but, it was true--Mommy did have the air conditioning rather low. She said she was super hot, and who were we to argue!

After the holding was finished, it was time for my next big brother gift! This one was from Great-Mom-mom. She found some hard, plastic animals for me to play with. They are farm animals, and I know the name of each animal and what sound it makes.

I decided to line up the animals on the floor. And then I lined myself up, too! Five animals and a Jamey all in a row.

On Sunday, Grandma Carolyn made me pancakes. Usually Dad makes them for me, but he was busy with Mommy and Jack. Good thing Grandma Carolyn was here cause it can't be Sunday without pancakes!

At the hospital there were two cars waiting for me. A Hummer and a Hummer truck! Yep, Uncle Tom thought I should know about Hummers, so he sent me two. Hummers are a very serious thing not to be taken lightly. Jack likes the cars, too. And when he is bigger I'm going to share my cars with him.

Pretty soon I noticed a smiley face balloon over in the corner. Mommy said it was for me to play with! What fun! Mark and Joy thought that, as a big brother, I needed a balloon all of my own.

(FYI: I'm sad to say that the days of big brother gifts have come to an end now. There is no need for you to worry about me becoming spoiled or anything. It's back to normal life for me...but the presents sure were nice while they lasted... Oh, and don't tell Mommy, but I would have loved Jack even if there weren't any presents!)

After playing with the balloon, it was time for Grandma Carolyn and I to load up the car. We took home the gifts, flowers, and balloons, so Mommy and Daddy would have less to carry when they brought Jack home Sunday afternoon.

Once we got home, Grandma Carolyn and I rushed around to make sure everything was ready. My baby brother was about to come home!!!

No comments: