Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Rainy Sunday

Pretty much it rained all day today. Not to worry, cause Sunday is a stay-home-day for Dad, and we played all morning, all afternoon, and all evening!

After riding the tractors at the home improvement store, we headed home to build forts. Dad put my Aunt Elizabeth Quilt over my table. Then he covered the ends of the fort with pillows. All that was left to do was for me to grab Big Blue and crawl on in. I did, and it was super fun!

For snack we cut open the watermelon Grandma Carolyn found on our grocery shopping trip. Yum! Watermelon sure is good. Usually Mommy cubes it for me, and we eat the chunks. But today Dad handed me a whole slice! Let me tell you, slices are more fun than cubes. Mommy still had her watermelon snack in cube form. Whatever floats her boat! Someday she'll figure out slices are better...

Not too long after snacktime, Uncle Tom called to talk with Grandma Carolyn. Then Aunt Tammy called next. I quickly dug through my toy bin and found my cell phone. Then I followed Grandma Carolyn around while we chatted. "Hello Tommy (that's what Grandma Carolyn calls Uncle Tom)," I said, "How are you?" When we were finished with our calls, I put my phone in my pocket just like Grandma Carolyn puts her phone in her pocket.

Just before bathtime our friends came by for a visit. People like to check up on Jack to make sure he's growing and stuff. Plus, they like for me to show them my big-boy room. Even though we had friends over, Jack and I still had our baths. I get to take a real bath, but Jack gets a "half bath" cause he can't get all wet yet. Here he is with Grandma Carolyn getting his hair washed. Jack loves to hear running water, and he especially likes the warm water on his head! Mommy says that it's a good thing, cause with Jack's head of hair, he needs a wash every so often.

And that about sums up our day! Hope you had a good day, too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Henry,
I am so glad I made your quilt big enough for you to build tent forts with! :) And you walking around with Grandma Carolyn talking on your cell phones cracked me up. :)
Love,
Aunt Elizabeth