Saturday, May 20, 2006

My thoughts on yogurt

For lunch she gave me yogurt. I'm sure when I say "yogurt", you are thinking frozen, sweet, strawberry goodness. Not the case at my house!

At my house, the yogurt I got to try was plain, whole milk, organic, and not-one-little-bit-sweet. Needless to say, my "yummy" yogurt is a bit tart. I did pretty good eating it at first, but then the yogurt kept coming spoonful after spoonful. Finally I'd had enough, and this is the face I made.

My parents laughed and started taking pictures. Everyday, I'm more and more convinced my parents had me for entertainment purposes.

Mommy got the hint, and stirred in some yellow squash. She said tomorrow, she'll stir in bananas. Mommy also says she'll give me some pears in a couple of days. According to Mommy, pears stirred into my yogurt will be quite yummy.

We have this kind of yogurt at my house because Mommy is worked up about eating healthy and training my palette. Mommy is convinced that if she gives me good food when I'm little, I will choose good food when I am older. Whatever you say, Mommy.

Of course, Mommy puts her yogurt in a smoothie with lots of frozen fruit, vanilla, and honey before she eats it! No wonder she likes yogurt! Until I'm allowed to have smoothies, perhaps pears will make yogurt better... I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamey: See if your mommy can find some plain Greek yogurt. It is smooth and creamy and not as tart as what your face shows. My favorite brand is from Traders Joes called Fage. There are other good brands also. Maybe that will help, although you do look pretty cute with that face!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamey. You made us LOL at your face. It is very cute. Janet is here with Uncle John and me! We are having fun. LOVE YOU! Aunt Dee