"That's it; I'm moving to Sequim, Washington!," said Mommy the other day. We've had a bit of trouble with our house lately. Mommy is a bit upset as all of the trouble seems to happen when just Mommy and me are at home by ourselves while Dad is at work.The house trouble hasn't really bothered me as much as it's bothered Mommy...until the repair men started interrupting my feedings! When the repair men are here, instead of feeding me, Mommy puts me in my exersaucer. And, poor Norah, she has to go into her kennel until the men leave. Interrupted meals get me worked up! So worked up, in fact, I just might take Norah and move to Sequim with Mommy! We'll let you know our new address so you can send us mail.
First it was the guest bathroom and the plumber. Then it was bugs in our other bathtub and the bug man. Next it was the rainstorm and the leaky window. And the latest: the electricity was only working in part of our house until the electrician came and fixed it. Oh it gets better... Upon examination, the electrician proclaimed our house is wired poorly and should be fixed right away! "Oh, joy," said Mommy. (I'm thinking the word "joy" might have both a good meaning and a bad meaning.)
So that's why Mommy, Norah, and I moving to Sequim. Why Sequim? According to Mommy, there are three great reasons--it is quite close to the Pacific Ocean, the weather is perfect (we checked weather.com), and it is home to the largest lavender festival in the United States. "Why wouldn't we move to Sequim?," wonders Mommy, "It is the solution to all of our homeowner woes." I think when Dad gets home from work this evening, I'll ask him if he wants to move to Sequim with us.
1 comment:
Sequim? What's with that. The average high temperature in July is only 69 degrees. Compare that with the average high temperature of 45 degrees in January.
Jamey, you have got to think about this before you make any rash decisions.
You will really never have summer. When I was your age my mom, your grandma, would not let me wear shorts until the thermometer reached 75 degrees. In my humble opinion, perfect weather starts at 75 degrees. If you lived in Seqium, by grandma's rules, you could never wear shorts. It has been said that one, or more, of your uncles have been known to wear shorts all year long though rain, snow, clear skies, clouds, etc.
Another thing to think about is house problems. Washington is known for its constant wet weather. Leaky windows are going to be a problem there too. Since the weather is not exactly warm, a good running heater is a must, and I have heard that those can breakdown. Bugs? Well, you really get away from them.
Jamey, you need to talk with your dad about this proposal, if I can't set you straight, maybe he can.
What it really sounds like what you are really longing for is heaven. I have never been there but I hear that it is a beautiful place, lavender festivals don't even compare. Since Jesus is building the houses there, they will be perfect and trouble free.
Hey, if you get to know this Jesus he can get you in too, just ask your parents they already know Him.
See you later.
Uncle Jamey
Post a Comment