We'll start with the good stuff.
Painting was fun. I painted with my right hand today. I go back and forth between hands, and I'm just as good with each of them.

After naptime Mom got a wild idea and decided to cut our hair. Why she thought this was a good idea? We have no idea. You see, our Mom knows
NOTHING about cutting hair. She started off with the scissors trying to give us traditional haircuts. Before too long, it became apparent that the clippers and a buzz-cut were the only hope for the three of us not being embarrassed to go out in public.

In the end, there was very little hair on our heads, lots of hair all over the bathroom, lots of water from Jack splashing all over the bathroom, and me sobbing in the shower because I had hair in my mouth. It really was pretty funny, and Mom was laughing pretty hard while she was cleaning up the mess.

Thinking maybe a treat would help us feel better after the hair debacle, Mom made us apple juice slushies. Even though I had "kept everything down" for almost 48 hours, Mom wasn't taking any chances by giving us a more exciting treat!
Do you like my haircut?

How about Jack's new do? Mom, who doesn't even like buzz cuts, says she thinks Jack might be made for this kind of hairstyle. She thinks our baby is extra cute with no hair!

Slushies finished,
it HAPPENED AGAIN. This time, after being "well" for 46 hours, I tossed my cookies all over the kitchen floor
AND Norah who happened to be sitting under my chair hoping for a falling slushy drop.
Mommy was very brave and refrained from crying until after I was in bed. Dad was scheduled to be gone all night on a trip, but he's coming home earlier than planned. He'll be home late but just in time to help Mom take me to the doctors' in the morning.
Oh my... I guess we'll get that washing machine going for another load or two...
7 comments:
I love the buzz cuts! Great job, Karyn!! And I'm so sorry the sickies keep coming back :( Praying for a healthy family SOON.
Karyn,
I am so sorry...this 2009 bug really is no fun. Praying that Jamey feels better soon and that Jack continues to feel well.
Yuck.
The other Joy :o)
Oh Karyn, I just replied to your email and then read your post. The boys look cute, but I am crying on your behalf about the return of the tummy bug.
Love,
Amy
I think your boys look very cute with buzz cuts and you did a great job! Sorry about the tummy problems. Glad you are taking them to the doctor. Aunt Kendy
What do you mean you know nothing about hair cuts - you are officially good at this Karyn. The boys look great! We are praying for Jamey and you this morning. Love, ML
I saw James last night at the alumni reception. He said he was coming home to help you with the boys. I'm so glad. I'll be in Siloam March 14 for a long weekend. You, Trix, and I MUST get together. I really want you to meet David! Feel better soon, Jamey! Keep up the immune system of steel, Jack!
I'm sorry.
I'm glad James is coming home early.
I've been there and it's not fun-you have my deepest sympathy.
Post a Comment