After the stomach flu reared it's ugly head again last night (so far, just me), we canceled our Bible study responsibilities for this morning. I was sad about missing my class. "Don't you want me to learn about Jesus?," I cried. Mom assured me that she did, so we read a few Bible stories and worked on my memory verses here at home.
Next up Mom decided she needed to have a little room-time for herself. Something about fixing her hair and changing her attitude. While Mom pulled herself together for yet another day at home, Jack and I watched Sesame Street. Yippee!!! The word on the street for today was "windy". "I like windy," I told Mom. "There are french fries at windy." It took Mom a few minutes to remember that one time when we were traveling to a grandma's house, we stopped at Wendy's for a french fry snack. Mid-way through Sesame Street, I realized they were talking about wind and not fries.
I was still thinking about wind and weather when Mom appeared with her hair fixed and attitude changed. She asked us what we wanted to do. "Play a weather game," I replied. We don't have a weather game, but Mom said surely we could come up with something.
We cut up some paper into cards, and then drew pictures depicting weather items on each one. Then Mom drew the same pictures on a second set of cards, so we could play a homemade version of weather Memory. It was fun! Even Jack played.
Next up Mom decided she needed to have a little room-time for herself. Something about fixing her hair and changing her attitude. While Mom pulled herself together for yet another day at home, Jack and I watched Sesame Street. Yippee!!! The word on the street for today was "windy". "I like windy," I told Mom. "There are french fries at windy." It took Mom a few minutes to remember that one time when we were traveling to a grandma's house, we stopped at Wendy's for a french fry snack. Mid-way through Sesame Street, I realized they were talking about wind and not fries.
I was still thinking about wind and weather when Mom appeared with her hair fixed and attitude changed. She asked us what we wanted to do. "Play a weather game," I replied. We don't have a weather game, but Mom said surely we could come up with something.
We cut up some paper into cards, and then drew pictures depicting weather items on each one. Then Mom drew the same pictures on a second set of cards, so we could play a homemade version of weather Memory. It was fun! Even Jack played.
CandyLand did not go quite as smooth as the weather Memory game had gone...
Recovering for the second time around is tons less fun than recovering for the first time. We're starting to get a bit stir crazy around here. Mom says she's pretty close to packing up Jack and me and taking us to a grandma's house! And, I think that's a great idea!!! Especially because a grandma would probably agree to stack the CandyLand card deck so I could get ALL of the double blues!
2 comments:
I hope you saved your Weather Game cards. They were very nicely made! Jamey and Jack's mom is very creative.
Your mom is so smart, Jamey. Just come on over to my house if you're stir crazy.
Love,
Jonathan
Post a Comment