Sunday, January 08, 2006

A string of links

Sundays are usually the days Mommy tries new things. You see, Sundays are the days she reads her books about children and learns about what I should be doing at my age.

Sometimes reading these books gets Mommy into trouble; and sometimes the reading gets me into trouble. But today the reading got me into fun!

Mommy decided to take my links and string them from my crib to my changing table. Then, she hooked some toys to the string of links. Oh what fun we had! I can lay on my tummy-time rug and grab at the toys. When I grab at the toys, the links make a great sound. I had the greatest time (probably cause for a minute Mommy had forgotten about tummy-time!).

The book also said I should be able to sit up with help from Mommy. Of course, I knew I could do this, cause I do it all the time when Mommy is reading to me. But you know my Mom; she had to double-check. She put me in the sitting position and then put her hand on my back. Sure enough, I can sit with support. "Check," said Mommy when looking at the list in the book.

But now I'm afraid the "baby stuff" is over for the day. My Daddy is starting graduate school on Thursday, and we have to help him get ready. Mommy and I are going to help him figure out all the paperwork and web forms. I'm proud of Daddy for getting his Masters. And, you know what? Daddy said he's going to teach me what he's learning; that means I'll be even more advanced!!! Won't Mommy be happy!

No comments: