Saturday, January 07, 2006

I met another Auntie today

We went on another drive today. It was a pretty short one compared to the Colorado drive. We drove up to Kansas so I could meet my Aunt Elizabeth. She's Mommy's sister, and the Auntie who makes me quilts! You can see my Peter Rabbit quilt in the picture.

Betsy (that's what Mommy, and only Mommy, calls Aunt Elizabeth) is in Iowa spending the month with John and his family. They all had a wedding to attend in Kansas, and since Kansas is pretty close to us, we went to meet them.

It was fun to meet Aunt Elizabeth. She held me lots. And since Mommy is allowed to call her Betsy, Aunt Elizabeth is allowed to call me Henry--it's the deal the sisters have. Mommy says sisters can make deals like that. I wouldn't know, cause I'm not a sister! Oh--and me and Aunt Elizabeth weighed the same amount when we were born--pretty neat, huh?

I also got to meet John. I really liked John cause he played with me. There were lots of other people to meet, too. I met John's dad, mom, sister, brother-in-law, nephews, and cousin--whew! It was a lot of new people. Mommy says for me to tell you that she and Daddy approve of John. They think he and Aunt Elizabeth are a good match.

Now we're home again, and I must say, it's good to be home! I'm going to have a snack and then crawl into my crib for some sleep. What a good day we had!

No comments: