Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Asking for toys

After our walk this morning, Mommy was STARVING! Usually Mommy waits until I'm sleeping to eat, but not today. Mommy put me in my pack 'n play and gave me a toy while she fixed some food.

I think this toy might be my new favorite. I had quite the grip on it. Mommy made a salad and sat right down next to me, so she could talk with me while she ate. Every few minutes I would accidentally drop the toy. If Mommy was taking a bite instead of picking up my toy right away, I got a little bit impatient. I would make some fussing noises until Mommy handed me the toy again.

Mommy said that perhaps using my words might be a nicer way to ask for the toy. She says that Mommies like words like "please" and "thank you" rather than fussing. While I'm sure Mommy knows what she's talking about, I know that fussing works just great! After all, fussing to Mommy today made her hand me my toy...

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Hi Jamey,
Fussing works great. Mommy and Daddy think I'm old enough for other methods, though, so enjoy it while it lasts!
Love,
Jonathan