Well, after yesterday and all of the messes, I slept really good last night! And this morning, I have a lot of things to say. I've been talking Mommy's ear off most of the day.This morning I went to a nursery for the very first time. Mommy went to this special meeting just for mommies, and I went to the place specially for babies. Mommy was a little bit nervous about leaving me with "strangers". However, when we arrived, Mommy was happy to discover the people in charge of the babies weren't strangers after all! So, while Mommy was at her meeting, I played with our friend Lois. Lois is a grandma, and she knows how to keep babies happy.
I was very good in the nursery. I played with the other babies and smiled at the helper ladies. I even took my nap! But then I woke up...and I realized that I was in a new place without my Mommy. I decided to cry just a little bit. Never fear, Lois took me straight to Mommy. And then we went home, and it was time for milk.
Mommy and Daddy are watching a movie tonight. They are going to wait until I'm in bed before they turn it on. Jonathan told me about things like this. Jonathan warned me that all good things would happen while I was sleeping. And he was right! Good things are happening while I'm napping! I'm not sure what I think about this. I might have to get together with Jonathan sooner rather than later to discuss the situation. He and I must come up with a plan to put a stop to these exclusive activities to which we are not invited!
Anyway...after I wake up in the morning tomorrow, we are going to hop in the car and go meet my Aunt Elizabeth. She's in Iowa visiting John, and they're in Kansas this weekend for a wedding. Since we live pretty close to Kansas, and since I haven't met Aunt Elizabeth yet; we're making the drive. I'll get to meet John, too. I'm wondering if someday John might turn out to be my uncle? I'll keep you posted on that one.
Daddy's home, so I must play with him. I hope you have a good weekend!
2 comments:
Dear Jamey,
Here's an update on the situation. Mommy and Daddy are including me on a few more things now that I'm bigger. Tonight, they let me have some homemade pizza with my buddy Sam, and they let me stay up past my bedtime. I was shocked! It was great. But...still no movies.
Love,
Jonathan
Dear Jamey. I cannot WAIT to hear about your Kansas trip. I will be anxious to know all the details! Like WHERE in Kansas you were and WHAT you thought of your aunt Elizabeth and maybe someday "Uncle John"... I HEAR he is quite a guy. So want to hear YOUR take! I am sorry your Mommy is so "hung up" on "liquids"...She is FUNNY. Of course, the NOSE KNOWS so GLAD she is "WITH IT" in the changing department. I can't WAIT to see you in less than four weeks. I love you! GREAT Aunt Dee
Post a Comment