Friday, May 02, 2008

Tornado Sirens

Early this morning just after 4, our local tornado sirens went off! It was a little bit scary, but we're just fine! This morning the news says it wasn't a tornado but straight-line winds instead. Regardless, it was an eventful early morning.
While Mom snuggled with me, Dad checked the news and the skies. Here's the hail...

And here's the lightening. (You might have to double click on the pictures to make them bigger, so you can see things a little better.)
And this is a picture of Mom and me. We put Big Blue over our heads to muffle the thunder and to block out the lightening.
Even though we're just fine, I guess our town is a mess! School has been canceled due to power outages, and we've been asked to stay off the streets so clean-up will go a little bit more quickly.

I guess it's springtime in Arkansas. Oh my! Mom says she'd prefer to be in earthquake country!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me Too!
Love,
Aunt Elizabeth

Jonathan said...

Jamey,

I'm so glad you and your family are OK!!!

I see that your mom has been playing with the blog. It looks cool!

We miss you!

Love,
Jonathan