Monday, May 05, 2008

No More Crib

Yep, that's right! I took my crib back to Charlotte's house. Mom and Dad have always said I could sleep in my big-boy bed whenever I was ready. I've managed to pull a night or two here and there for the past couple of months, but then, these past two weeks, I slept in my big-boy bed every night! Two weeks in a row! So...Mommy asked me if I was ready to give Charlotte's crib back to Charlotte. "Yes," I said!

Mom and Dad made plans to take down the crib and return it to our friends. And that's when it happened. After two whole weeks of choosing not to sleep in the crib, I spent Saturday night all snuggled up in Charlotte's crib. Mommy was about to undo her plans, but she decided to ask one more time if I was still planning on giving back the crib. I assured her I was, so Saturday afternoon we took down the crib and rearranged my room. I guess I needed just one last sleep in a crib.

Here's the spot where my crib used to live. Now my bins and basketball hoop live in the spot.

And here's my big-boy bed. It took Mommy and I most of the morning to get it just right. You see, I'm persnickety like my Mommy in that everything must have a spot where it belongs. But, unlike my Mommy, I like all of my stuff out and easy to get to. This is where I'm like my Dad. Dad likes his stuff out and about so he can see it and have easy access to it at any given time.

Anyway, like I said, here's my big-boy bed. You'll notice that each item has a certain spot where it lives, and you'll also notice there is a lot of stuff on my bed (book bin, blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, changing mat and wipes, etc.). It's a perfect blend of Mom and Dad. I guess I really must belong to this set of parents!

Boy is it nice to have the crib gone. My room feels so much bigger!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Dear Jamey,

You are such a smart guy to choose the bed. So much softer, and more room to wiggle. And more room to play in your room. Yay for being a big boy!

Love,
Jonathan