As we walked towards the fountain, police cars came speeding down the street! The six police cars stopped at and surrounded the bank across the street from the fountain! We tried to figure out what was going on, but we couldn't. Hopefully the Sunday paper will satisfy our curious minds.
We headed home for lunch and naps before getting ready to head to church.
Rested, we packed up and headed off to church. Right in the middle of learning about how Peter walked on water, the tomato sirens (a.k.a. tornado sirens) went off. Our church has an emergency plan for such situations. Our teachers moved our classes to the rooms on the center of the bottom level. Everyone had to stay in the "safe" classrooms until the sirens stopped making noise. It was quite exciting. Jack and I weren't scared one little bit, because our teachers took such good care of us. Still, it was a little bit exciting. Extroverted Jack was having a good time with all the people scurrying around. I was a little bit sad because there were lots of extra kids around. I like it best when there's just a few of us in our own class.Since the sirens weren't making noise anymore, Mom and Dad came to get us, and we headed to the car. Then the sirens started going off again! The radio was reporting funnel clouds on the ground. Oh my!!! Since we were heading south away from the storm, we kept driving. We're home and safe now, but I think we might be in for another long night.
We're ready for tornado season to END! It's been quite the spring!
1 comment:
Boy, Jamey, your life is sure interesting. Our weather is boring here...I haven't seen rain in a couple of months, even. Blah.
Love,
Jonathan's mom
Post a Comment