Monday, February 05, 2007

Still Mommy's baby...

Most of the time I'm a big boy. Today, however, I felt like being my Mommy's baby. Mommy thinks it might be cause I've been around lots of babies lately. There were babies at Mommy's meeting this morning, and there are babies in the nursery on Wednesday mornings. My teachers have said that I'm pretty curious about what the babies are doing. Mommy says this might be a good thing since we're going to have a baby of our own.

Anyway, today I felt like being a baby. Usually I only need Big Blue when I'm tired or hurt, but this afternoon I needed him all of the time. This drove Mommy a bit crazy as she doesn't like Big Blue to touch the floor. Here I am spending time with Big Blue while Mommy is making my snack. It's a good thing I have more than one Big Blue, cause this one ended up in the washer.

The other thing I decided to try was a bottle. Way back in the day when I was a tiny baby, I did not like bottles. I didn't like them one little bit! In fact, sippy cups were even a hard adjustment for me. But since then, I've seen my cousin Oliver use a bottle and the babies in the nursery use bottles. And I've become a little bit more curious. Until today, I just played with the bottle that lives in the box in my closet. But this afternoon I decided it was time to give the bottle a try and see what all the babies like them. Plus I can say bottle now, which makes it all the more fun.

I asked/motioned Mommy to put water in my bottle, and I spent most of the afternoon trying to sip the water out of the bottle. It still doesn't work for me; I still can't get water to come out of the bottle. I'm not sure why the babies like bottles. It was great for chewing on, but I'll take a straw for drinking any day! Still, I got a little bit mad when Mommy or Dad tried to take it away from me.

I was mad, that is, until Dad showed me the most wonderful trick. He made the bottle squirt water at my face! I LOVE water in my face. Oh, it was great! I laughed, giggled, and squealed!!! I didn't want Dad to stop. I sure hope we get to play with my bottle tomorrow. And, I wonder if Oliver knows about how much fun bottles can really be. Enough with the milk, Oliver--I'll get my dad to squirt you with water--okay?

1 comment:

Joy said...

Jamey,

That looks just like my bottle! I do love bottles. Whenever I hear my Mommy or Dad shaking it up, I get a big smile on my face, cause I know what's coming! I'm not so sure about the squirting, though. Maybe when I'm a little bit bigger you could teach me how they squirt? For now I think I'll just drink out of mine.

Love, Oliver