Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday, Part Two: A Little House Picnic

"I am very hungry after my long ride to town," I told Mom when I came in from playing after the garage sale activities and resttime. Mom knew just what I was talking about. She told me to get my blanket while she made me a bread and butter picnic.

How did Mom know what I was talking about? Well, because Mom and I read the same books! We've been working our way through the library's My First Little House Books. This week we checked out:
In this book Laura and Mary visit town for the very first time...ever. Yes, Laura and Mary lived even further out in the sticks than we do. Imagine that. Mom says she isn't even able to imagine anything remotely possible... Anyway, when the Ingalls family finally arrives in the town of Pipen, they are very hungry. Ma whips out a picnic of bread and butter, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, and cookies.

So...when I came running in commenting about being hungry after my long trip to town, Mom knew exactly what I wanted, and she delivered! What a smart Mom I have! Mom loves that I am interacting and imagining with books, and she'll pretty much do whatever she can to encourage me. I'm glad my Mommy likes books as much as I like them.

No comments: