Thursday, March 20, 2008

The rains came down, and the floods came up...

Yep, it's true! Arkansas has been flooding.

We didn't realize it was all over the national news until we started getting calls and emails from the relatives. We're still here. The water didn't wash us away!

There are a few roads in town that closed. All are now open but one--the one (the bridge by the library) that closes at the thought of a drizzle! Our local news said that the road by our church and the road to the airport were closed. We weren't as concerned about the roads as we were about the ducks. Our town has a lot of ducks that hang out by the creek, so yesterday morning we got into our car and went looking for the ducks. They seemed to be fine and enjoying the extra water.

And, of course, it all happened while Dad was on a trip. It always happens that way! It's exciting when Dad is gone and calms down by the time he gets home. He'll get home this afternoon just in time to enjoy the 70 degree weather and clear, sunny skies!

2 comments:

Meggan said...

70 DEGREES!
wow, I'm jealous.
I'm glad you haven't been swept away.
I always wonder about you when I hear about tornadoes in AR.

Jonathan said...

Hi Jamey,

Thanks for checking on those ducks for me.

Love,
Jonathan