Saturday, January 19, 2008

Girls and Boys

On our way to Caleb's birthday party yesterday (we forgot the camera, so just imagine all the fun we had), Mommy and I had a little chat about boys and girls. "I'm not going to play with Emma Claire because she's a girl," I told Mommy. "Really," she replied. I continued the conversation by saying, "I'm going to play with Ava!"

I could tell a academic lecture detailing the differences between boys and girls was brewing in Mom's brain. Mommy ended her talk by saying that Ava is a girl just like Emma Claire is a girl. "I'm not going to play with girls, I'm going to play with Ava," was my response to Mommy's conclusion. I could tell Mommy had lots more to say, but she decided to keep her words to herself.

Later that very same day while we were on our way somewhere else, Mommy started in with the who-is-a-girl-vs.-who-is-a-boy game. "Jamey, are you a boy or a girl?" "I am a boy." Jamey, is Jack a girl or a boy?" "Jack is a boy." Jamey, am I a girl or a boy?" "Momma, you are not a girl or a boy, you are a Momma!"

So there you have it... I'm a bit confused as to who is a girl and who is a boy, but I've got one thing down pat. My Mommy is a Momma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Henry you sure do keep us laughing. What are you going to come up with next.
Love,
Aunt Elizabeth who is also a girl, but you would probably just say that I'm Elizabeth just like Ava is Ava. :)