Thursday, November 10, 2005

Tummy Time


Well...You know my mom and how she likes to read about things--EVERYTHING to be exact. A couple of the books that she reads about how to take care of me say all babies should have "tummy time".

This is because the books also say babies have to sleep on their backs these days. (They--whoever "they" are--change their minds about how babies are to sleep all the time--today back sleeping is recommended.) Anyway, because babies sleep on their backs, they need to have time in the daytime on their tummies. This helps with large motor development. I didn't know I had a motor, but whatever the book says goes at my house! So I have to have tummy time a few times a day.

I don't always like tummy time. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on seeing things (like ceiling fans) during tummy time. Mommy has to get creative to keep me happy while I'm on my tummy. Today she did a great job as I loved tummy time this afternoon!

She propped me up on my Boppy and then put my Baby Einstein blocks in front of me. My buddy Norah thought the blocks looked like fun, so Mommy put Norah up by me for a minute. We had the greatest time! I'm looking forward to more tummy time tomorrow.

No comments: