Right now I'm in Colorado. We're here because my Grandma Lou's friends threw me a baby shower. We had a lot of fun at the shower chatting and eating yummy brunch food. The party was out on a beautiful deck with a spectacular view of the mountains. Colorado is a very pretty place.
At the shower some of the ladies wanted to feel me move; they put their hands on my mom's tummy. I didn't really feel like moving, so I stayed really still. My mom doesn't understand why I don't move on command. I think I like to have the upper hand. :-)
I got so many fun things at my shower. All (most) of the ladies there were grandmas or want-to-be grandmas. Let me tell you--I learned quite a bit about grandmas yesterday! Their purpose in life is to spoil grandkids! Did you know that there are special catalogs full of things for grandmas to buy? I got a giftcard for my stroller and carseat, and then tons of very cute clothes, stuffed animals, and books! I even had packages from my California grandmas! See what I mean? Grandmas are awfully fun! The "grandma-ladies" even made me a cake out of diapers and practical baby things. So fun! I'll post pictures when I get back to Arkansas.
But the best thing I learned about grandmas yesterday is that they will pray for me--now, after I'm born, and as I'm growing. They will also pray for my mom and dad as they prepare to parent me. And if there's something special we really want them to pray for, all we have to do is tell them about it and they will pray! I'm glad I have them.
A few updates... My mom is feeing better. She's been resting a lot, and I think the rest is working. Only six and a half weeks to go, and I'll be coming into the world! When they get back into town, my mom and dad are going to spend lots of time in my room finishing things up. So get ready for some more pictures.
I must close for now. I've been instructed to "move" this morning so my Grandpa Jere can feel me. I'm not sure if I'm going to cooperate or not. I'll keep you posted.
Sunday, August 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment