Tuesday, August 30, 2005


After my aunt and uncle went home and after my mom got sick and after we went to Colorado, my mom FINALLY got a few things put up on my new shelf. She's not sure everything is in exactly the right spot--she says arranging takes time. My dad said "arranging" is a girl-thing--as boys, we should just nod and say, "It looks good!"

For those of you who have been in my room, the shelf hangs on the wall above my changing table and bookshelf. My shelf has lots of special things on it. My mom is sharing her Beatrix Potter figurines with me, and they're on the shelf. And then my very own Beatrix Potter figurines are up there too--they were given to me by one of my Great-Grandma Maryalice's special friends. The cow was my Great-Great Grandpa Hiett's, and he is one of the people who I am named after. Then there is a picture of my mom on the day she was born... And other stuff, too. I just followed my dad's lead, and I told my mom the shelf looked good! I think it made her happy.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I love it, Karyn...it looks so good!! I can't wait to see it in real life!

Anonymous said...

It looks great Karyn! I love the color.
Gma Lou