0 - pictures taken
1 - black eye on Jackie-Boy (he fell while climbing on the toilet-Mom's quick but not quicker than Jack!)
2 - carloads hauled over to our duplex
3 - bags filled with junk to throw away
4 - boxes filled with garage sale items
5 - times I was sent to my room so Mom could think about how to best handle the situation
7 - grocery items thrown from the cart (by me) while Mom was grabbing a gallon of milk (she did a remarkable job showing extra patience as there was no bed to send me to-btw, this was the first time I ever pulled this particular stunt)
13 - boxes packed, taped, and ready for storage (thanks to Charlotte's mom who entertained the two of us for the morning)
337 - cookies Mom wishes were available for her to eat after we are in bed
After running the numbers we are pleased to announce that while the day was challenging, it still counts toward the yearly total for good days. Lots was accomplished, Mom's happy with the amount of patience she was able to find deep down in her heart, and there were quite a few giggles. Thank goodness we're out of cookies, though. Eating all those cookies would make our Mom sick, and that would for sure ruin our good day status!
1 - black eye on Jackie-Boy (he fell while climbing on the toilet-Mom's quick but not quicker than Jack!)
2 - carloads hauled over to our duplex
3 - bags filled with junk to throw away
4 - boxes filled with garage sale items
5 - times I was sent to my room so Mom could think about how to best handle the situation
7 - grocery items thrown from the cart (by me) while Mom was grabbing a gallon of milk (she did a remarkable job showing extra patience as there was no bed to send me to-btw, this was the first time I ever pulled this particular stunt)
13 - boxes packed, taped, and ready for storage (thanks to Charlotte's mom who entertained the two of us for the morning)
337 - cookies Mom wishes were available for her to eat after we are in bed
After running the numbers we are pleased to announce that while the day was challenging, it still counts toward the yearly total for good days. Lots was accomplished, Mom's happy with the amount of patience she was able to find deep down in her heart, and there were quite a few giggles. Thank goodness we're out of cookies, though. Eating all those cookies would make our Mom sick, and that would for sure ruin our good day status!
3 comments:
Oh, Karyn, I wish I could entertain them for the morning too! :)
Amy
Not that it's an excuse but the behavior is probably because of all the changes that are taking place and some of it might not go away until you get settled in your new house. Just continue being consistent. I loved how you had a play date at your new place. And I'll be praying for an extra dose of patience for you Karyn.
Love,
Aunt Elizabeth
Karyn,
Hold on tight mama! Just keep loving on those boys, and of course, begging God for patience. Change does this to kids. :) It sounds like a fantastic growing experience, but it's so not easy at the moment. I love your "pretend" house. :)
Post a Comment