Yesterday was a super long and busy day. It was lots and lots of fun. We started off our day with an early morning trip to the blueberry farm. We had planned to go last week, but there weren't enough ripe blueberries.
Here we are with our buckets in search of blueberry bushes.

Jack and I were great pickers. We even put the berries in our buckets before we ate them. I liked picking berries that were blue, and Jack preferred the green berries. He'd say "icky" every time, but he still kept eating. So far those green blueberries haven't bothered Jack's tummy.

Mom informed me that we were supposed to be picking the berries to eat at home. The farmer needed to weigh
ALL that we picked so we could pay for the proper amount. "I really do want to listen to your words, Mom," I assured her. But I kept eating. Oh my. The farm added a few ounces to our grand total to compensate for my snack.

Pretty soon Jack was ready to go home. "Ready," he yelled at Mom! Mom kept picking. She was bound and determined to head home with at least a half gallon of berries.

I guess back in the old days, Mom could pick a gallon all by herself in about an hour. I'm not sure why, but Mom seems to getting slower with age.

Man, oh, man! Those blueberries are y-u-m-m-y! We've been enjoying them at home.
1 comment:
Yay for blueberry picking! Karyn, those boys will be a huge help picking berries in a few years. You're training them well!
Post a Comment