Monday, June 01, 2009

Our Pretend House

With all the boxes piling up, I'm starting to share a few of my apprehensions regarding this move. I've been thinking lots about the changes, and I've come up with a few things. I've nicknamed the duplex, where we'll be living temporarily, our "pretend house". And the house we plan on finding and settling into after our fun-filled summer, I call our "real house".

Up until this morning, I'd been pretty excited to move into both our "pretend house" and "real house". Today I feel differently. Today I just want to stay in "our house". Mom thought, since our duplex was ready, it was time to take a fun trip. She told Jack and me to pack our bags full of our favorite things. Jack packed his blue and a monkey.
I packed a crate full of cars and trucks. Mom decided to take our picnic table.
We loaded up and headed out.
Arriving at the duplex, we unloaded. Our sneaky Mom had brought along some snacks, so we sat in our "pretend kitchen" and sipped on some juice and crunched our goldfish crackers.
After snack, Mom whipped out a package from our Aunt Zona. The envelope contained all things pirate! Mom told us to close our eyes while she hid the gold-covered chocolate coins. Then we went on a treasure hunt! I found a coin in Mom and Dad's "pretend room"...
...and Jackie-boy found a coin in our "pretend room".
Of course, we ate those coins right away. They were quite yummy. Then we colored in the pirate coloring book.
It was a good morning. Mom thinks I might feel a little bit better having had a bit of fun at our "pretend house".

PS: Notice how we're not wearing shirts today? We didn't want to. Mom agreed with us. She says she doesn't have time to do laundry anyway.

4 comments:

Jonathan's Mom said...

Your mom is so smart.

Did you use your pirate names? Our Gracie wants to know.

Love from all of us!

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zona Wilson said...

How fun! So glad the package was there to give the guys a fun activity.

jenna's blogs said...

jamey

i sure like your tattoos.

and i think it's a good idea, naming the houses "pretend" house and "real" house. makes things much clearer. and actually, you're pretty right on.

i'm thinking about you so much this week!

hugs!
auntie jenna