Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Color Boot Camp

Well, we're starting to get concerned about Jack and his colors. Dad thinks Jackie might be color blind since he mixes up green/red and blue/yellow ALL the time. Mom feels guilty because perhaps she hasn't spent as much time teaching Jack as she spent teaching me colors.
Regardless, Color Boot Camp is now in session.

This week we're working on red. Yesterday we drew red shapes. And today we ran around finding red things for Jack to take pictures of.
Mom was an awfully good sharer today. She let Jack touch and hold her camera.
I had a fun time teaching Jack about colors. But I'm ready to move on. Enough of red!
I'm sure you're wondering how things are going. Well, after two days of intense Color Boot Camp (learning ONLY the color red), when asked what color is this (red), Jack replies, "geen!"

It seems Mom and I still have a lot of work to do...

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

I hope you don't worry too much, Karyn. Jack's still young to know all his colors. I think Caroline was pretty worried about EC and her colors for awhile, too, and I think she was older than Jack.

Miss you!

Love,
Amy

Neely News said...

I just googled color blindness and wikipedia had a good write up on it if you want to learn more.
Is James color blind? If not than you are the carrier Karyn. Are any of our relatives color blind?
Love,
Aunt Elizabeth

Sarah. said...

A is totally the same way with the colors, except everything is purple.

me: Alex, this block is blue. What color is this block?

Alex: Purple.

me: No, it's blue. This is blue. Now what color is this?

Alex: Purple.

me: Blue, Alex, BLUE!

Alex: No, purple!

me: aaaarrrrggh!!!

I was worried about the colorblind thing, too, but if Jack's got the same issue, maybe we can assume they are both just stubborn and enjoy making us crazy :).