Thursday, September 10, 2009

Projects and Penguins

Between packing up our house, going to Colorado, and coming back to our pretend house which contains just half our stuff, Mom got behind on some projects. She's been trying to catch up at naptimes, but today she realized she needs more time. So we played together with Mom all morning, and then this afternoon Mom asked Jack and me if we could play by ourselves.

We agreed, so Mom sewed some stuff...
...while Jack and I played Naked Penguin. I assured Mom that penguins do not wear clothes and that only people wear shirts and shorts as I was taking mine and Jack's off. Here's Penguin Jack climbing up an "ice rock".
And here I am swimming on my belly in the ocean. Can you see my flippers flapping?
It was a good afternoon. Mom got lots done while Jack and I had fun.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

I REALLY wish your boys and mine could play together!

Amy

Neely News said...

You guys are too funny! Naked Penguin! What's next? Could you have pretended that your clothes were the feathers? (Maybe you are saving that version for winter.):) That was so sweet of you to play so nicely while your mommy worked on her quilt (Is that the bright one you told me about Karyn? I hope you didn't prewash your fabric, but I'm sure the instructions said something. Very cute! Is it a quilt as you go pattern? Are you making it to keep or give away?)
Love,
Aunt Elizabeth

Emma Claire said...

It's nice to see other kids playing in their underwear!